Award Categories and Prizes
- Interdisciplinary Integration
- Real-World Learning
- Learning Environment
- Differentiated Instruction
- Development of Critical and / or Creative Thinking
- Risk Taking and Failure
- $36,000 cash prize awarded to the winning educator or team of educators in each of these six categories.
Entry Rules and Agreements
- The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada who at the time of entry are a) eighteen (18) years of age or older and b) currently employed full-time or part-time as a classroom educator in an approved Jewish day school, teaching any grade from K-12, in the United States or Canada. The Kohelet Foundation is the official administrator and Sponsor. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
All entries must be submitted through the Kohelet Prize website at http://koheletprize.org by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 29, 2016.
- Entrants may consist of a single educator or teams of educators.
- Entries will represent curricula that have already been implemented in the classroom.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions.
- All entrants and all members of a team of entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America or Canada with a current U.S. or Canada address for prize fulfillment. Prizes will not be shipped internationally.
- Educators or teams of educators may submit multiple entries into multiple categories of the Kohelet Prize. A single educator will not be awarded more than one prize in a given year. A single entry may be submitted into no more than two different categories.
- There will be 6 prizes in the amount of $36,000.00 each. Up to one prize will be awarded to the winning educator or team of educators in each Category. Winners will be announced via email and the Kohelet Prize website no later than February, 2017.
Winner Selection Rules and Agreements
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges in the fields of education, psychology and neuroscience, identified by the Kohelet Foundation, based on the criteria referenced on koheletprize.org/about.
- All prizes will be fulfilled by the Kohelet Foundation and are the sole responsibility of the Kohelet Foundation. The Kohelet Foundation is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all prizes directly to the winners. In the case of a winning team, the $36,000 prize will be divided evenly among all team members and the resulting fraction of $36,000 will be sent to each member of the team by the Kohelet Foundation. If a team wins, any unfulfilled prize will be rewarded to the remaining team members.
- The Kohelet Foundation will make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days will not be awarded.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received as determined solely by the Kohelet Foundation.
General Program and Rules & Terms
- The Kohelet Foundation reserves the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- The Kohelet Foundation reserves the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Contest or any part of it.
- The Kohelet Foundation is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. The Kohelet Foundation is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- The Kohelet Foundation retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contest or the awarding of prizes, shall be settled by arbitration by the Beth Din of America, Inc. currently located at 305 Seventh Avenue, New York, New York, in accordance with the Rules and Procedures of the Beth Din of America, and judgment upon the award rendered by the Beth Din of America may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Prizes may be considered income. Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including the winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- The Kohelet Foundation in its sole discretion will require verification of Contest winner’s identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification. By entering, participating and/or accepting a prize in the Contest, each entrant, and winner, agrees not to sue and to release, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless, and absolve the Kohelet Foundation, its sponsors and partners, its advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives and the successors and assigns of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, losses, expenses, costs, damages, and liabilities including, without limitation, interest, penalties, court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Contest, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Except where prohibited, by entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize (s) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration by the Beth Din of America, Inc. currently located at 305 Seventh Avenue, New York, New York, in accordance with the Rules and Procedures of the Beth Din of America; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”). Further, by entering the Contest, each entrant waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
- The Kohelet Foundation, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from a Contest if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, or the operation of Promoter’s web channel or is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules or direction of the Kohelet Foundation. The Kohelet Foundation further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend a Contest, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Kohelet Foundation’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest as determined by the Kohelet Foundation in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any Kohelet Foundation web channel or to undermine the legitimate operation of a Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Kohelet Foundation reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Kohelet Foundation’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Kohelet Foundation, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled. The Kohelet Foundation reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals; or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or participating, or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, mis-delivered, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Contest prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disaster, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Station’s control.
- All entries, including all materials and ideas presented as part of each entry shall become the property of the Kohelet Foundation for use and dissemination at the sole discretion of the Kohelet Foundation, including but not limited to public dissemination. Kohelet will permit the entrant to continue to use his or her own entry materials and ideas.
- The Kohelet Foundation and its directors, officers, representatives, advertising and Contestal agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- All entrants understand and agree that the Kohelet Foundation will publicize the names, photographs and school affiliations of each of the prize winners, and release the Kohelet Foundation from any and all claims arising out of or in any way connected directly or indirectly with such publicity.
- Entrant represents that no other person or entity has any interest in the material or ideas submitted as entries. Entrant is solely responsible for ensuring that any and all interests held by third parties in the prizes are satisfied. Entrant agrees to hold the Kohelet Foundation harmless against any and all claims by third parties claiming any interest in the submission materials or ideas submitted by Entrant, and agrees to hold the Kohelet Foundation harmless against any and all claims by third parties claiming any interest in any prize awarded to Entrant.